In this episode we talk with Julia Campbell from jcsocialmarketing.com about how to prepare and implement a social marketing campaign that helps tell your story using social media. Julia is a trainer and coach who helps nonprofits reach their goals using digital marketing and social media. She has been recognized as a Top Nonprofit 150 Blog from topnonprofits.com and a Top 40+ Digital Strategists in Marketing for 2014 by Online Marketing Institute. Here is an outline of some of the topics we talked about.
Social media is not a silver bullet. You need an infrastructure underneath your social marketing. This includes:
- A website is a must. Once someone learns of your organization they are going to look for your website.
- A mailing list that allows you to divide your contacts into groups (board, voluteers, staff, etc).
- A database to track your constituents, volunteers, donors and staff.
- A functional infrastructure which includes your computer, a secure internet connection, computer networks, mission based software, etc.
Here is the Technology Pyramid from Nonprofit Technology:
Links & Resources
If you would like to learn more about Julia Campbell you can visit her at:
- Her website: jcsocialmarketing.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/jcsocialmarketing
- Twitter: twitter.com/juliacsocial
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/juliacampbell
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/juliagulia77
Here are links to some of the resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Social Media Workflow Infographic
- Nonprofit Technology Pyramid (from Idealware)
- Why Nonprofits need to be Storytellers – Andy Goodman
- Hootsuite – Social Media Scheduler