Getting Started

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steve Steve 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #4683
    Profile photo of ladypeeps ladypeeps 

    Need the 501.c.3 to raise funds from business for law enforcement challenge coins in Texas. I would like to raise money for anything that law enforcement might need. Do I need to have a board? I will open an account for funds to go in and then one check be written to the vendor. Can I do this without having a board or membership? And do I form the 501.c.3 first then get a tax exempt number?

  • #4694
    Profile photo of Steve Steve 

    Starting a 501.c.3 takes many months and requires a board. You may want to just find an existing nonprofit and umbrella under them. They would be your fiscal sponsor and you could use their 501.c.3 status to take in tax deductible donations. This does require an agreement of some type, but would be easier than starting a nonprofit from scratch.

    Nonprofit Ally Founder/Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 Nonprofit Ally | All rights reserved | Privacy | Terms of Service | *Disclaimer | Contact

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?