This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Vick 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     dawayoflifz 
    Participant

Hi I am currently in the process of creating a non-profit but a challenge I have been dealing with is selecting or even finding people who would be interested in being part of the board. How would I go about finding people who would be interested?

Steve Vick 
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ironically I just did a podcast interview with a board development expert today. Podcast will publish mid-December.

So, this is a two part question. If you are just starting your NP and need people to help incorporate the organization, then get whoever you can (friends, relatives, co-workers). This way you can get all the paperwork started.

Once you are up and running you will need skilled board members. You can go to Professional Chapters (like Bar Association, Chamber of Commerce, Unions, Corporate HR departments) and ask them to help you spread the word. Leave official paperwork, brochure or some type of documentation outlining your organization and your needs.

But if you are only just starting – then get people who are willing to have their names on the incorporation papers. The incorporation process can take time and your board development is a long term process.

Hope this helps.

Steve
    Nonprofit Ally Founder/Admin

Steve Vick 
    Keymaster

Here is a link to the podcast about board development. It just published a few days ago. Hope you find it helpful.

Build a Sustainable Board

Steve
    Nonprofit Ally Founder/Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 Nonprofit Ally | All rights reserved | Privacy | Terms of Service | *Disclaimer | Contact

Forgot your details?